DPC focuses on sharing the very best: the best ideas, information, practice, research and the best leading edge technology. Our Innovation Zone - The Edge - is where it all happens.
The Edge is all about new ideas, solutions and innovations from brand new, exciting start-up companies. This is the place to discover dynamic technology solutions for improving healthcare.
- The Edge showcases how academics, industry, technology, patients, caregivers and clinicians can together create opportunities for the creative collision of ideas, innovation and expertise.
- The Edge shines the light on innovation in an environment totally geared towards the discovery and commissioning of new solutions.
“DPC2016 was an excellent event for Entec Health. The conference programme was aligned to our goals of engaging with diabetes professionals looking to share best practice and improve care. We have been able to connect to key decision makers and shapers on the Silhouette wound assessment solution and we are now engaging the very next day to follow up on business proposals for a number of CCGs and NHS Trusts.“
Achala Patel, Managing Director, Entec Health
Here are the firms who showcased their solutions in 2016; come back soon to find out who will be here in 2017:
Advanced Health Analytics is a Health Intelligence Company. We provide clinician led technology that predicts health risks and recommends clinical interventions.
We have developed modules for the management of Diabetes, Hypertension and general fitness provided through a patient engagement platform.
Our strength lies in our ability to analyse large sets of patient health data, both historic and near real time, and to provide fully customisable alerts. We empower patients to better understand their health risks and we give Healthcare providers the ability to identify those patients who need, and would benefit from, early intervention thereby saving time and costs.
Changing Health offers evidence-based education and decision support tools to improve clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction and better use of scarce health resources.
Recently spun out of Newcastle University and NHS Hospital Trusts we offer:
- Digital access to the only Type 2 diabetes education proven to have clinical impact, X-PERT. According to the National Diabetes Audit, 3% attend education (6% of newly diagnosed). We overcome the key barriers to access
- Evidence based digital decision support tools
- Telephone coaching enabling sustained behaviour change, applying proven evidence-based techniques
- RCP accredited online education modules for HCPs to apply evidence-based tools to clinical practice
Cook & Count
Cook & Count, by Health Apps, is the nutritional app for home cooking, giving accurate nutritional and allergen information for any dish prepared. We help those with special dietary or medical requirements to enjoy all the benefits of home cooking.
NHS approved Cook & Count is recommended by specialist diabetes dietitians, nurses and educators. It supports carb counting for people with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes prevention and management, and calorie awareness. Cook & Count is a valuable tool for Health Care Professionals who educate patients on special dietary needs or weight loss.
Diabetes Solutions Ltd
Diabetes Solutions Ltd will launch a completely new range of innovative products to monitor blood glucose levels in diabetics, both screen and treat peripheral neuropathy, and introduce a new point-of-care device to monitor key parameters in diabetes clinics.
In 2017 Diabetes Solutions Ltd will be launching a further series of innovative diagnostic and management products to address issues faced by diabetics, including gestational diabetes, erectile dysfunction, nephropathy and retinopathy.
Please visit our stand where we will be delighted to discuss your diabetes management concerns, and how we could help to address them.
The Silhouette® system is a digital wound assessment and information solution, enabling accurate and remote monitoring and management of patients with active diabetes foot ulceration and chronic, complex wounds. Silhouette is easy to use and is helping clinicians to generate, document and share digital images, measurements and wound healing outcomes data in real time across the care pathway.
This new innovative technology is being used in the NHS to support delivery of:
- Efficient, effective and evidence-based Multi-Disciplinary care
- Capability building for integrated care
- Care in community at lower cost across the health system
Visit us at The Edge for a live demo and explore what is possible for your patients and service.
OurPath is a digital behavioural change programme for people at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. OurPath combines the evidence from well-established diabetes prevention programmes with the latest models of behavioural science and healthcare technology.
OurPath’s 6-week programme provides users with:
- Smart weighing scales and a wearable activity tracker
- A private health coach to provide support and answer questions
- A structured education course covering nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management, and general wellbeing
Following the 6-week programme, users move onto OurPath’s Sustain programme to maintain their positive lifestyle changes for the long term.
PulseFlow Technologies will feature PulseFlowDF, an innovative medical device for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers, at this year’s event. PulseFlowDF combines two proven treatment modalities within state-of-the-art wearable technology to optimise ulcer healing and adopts a whole-patient, bilateral approach to protect both feet during and after treatment.