Teaching Insulin administration course to Residential Home carers and Health Care assistants in the community; what is it all about?
Health care professionals run insulin initiation clinics and follow up consultations to support self-administration of insulin for our patients and carers. The question then is; Why are residential home carers and health care assistants not taught how to administer insulin in the community given the right support and facilities? Acquiring this skill will enable the district nursing service take on more complex cases in their ever increasing workload. This interactive session will share knowledge on the preparation, teaching sessions and follow up involved in showing health care assistants and residential home carers how to administer insulin safely.
- To understand the preparation involved in organising the course.
- To understand the teaching contents of the course.
- To understand the assessment involved in passing the course.
- To understand the evaluation process involved.
- To understand the follow up and mentoring support after the theory sessions
Wednesday 14th November 2018
16:40 - 17:10
TREND-UK & Injection Technique Matters (ITM)