T1 Pregnancy & CGM – what is the optimum service model?
The aim of the session is to share best practice for starting, managing and optimising real-time Continuous Glucose Monitoring (RT-CGM) and intermittent/flash glucose monitoring in pregnancy. It will support antenatal health care staff to deliver safe, effective and high quality care of pregnant women using CGM.
- Getting started: CGM set up in pregnancy (alarms, alerts and calibration tests)
- Responding to high and low sensor glucose values
- Reflection: Reflection on real time data, Reflection on clinic downloads
- Tips for established CGM users
- CGM in hospital (during admissions for steroids, labour, delivery and post-partum)
- Service considerations: workplace capacity, competency and organisation
Wednesday 30 October 2019
11:50 - 12:30