Panel: Is there life after amputation?
An interactive discussion with the team focused both major and minor on amputation. The session will look at amputation planning and surgery, and include a discussion about outcomes and what needs to be put in place for the patient to limit their risk of further amputation.
- Understanding the selection process for level and type of amputation
- Review the factors that determine this level
- Understand when do you proceed and when you don’t proceed to an amputation
- Why do am phalangeal amputation
- Why do a TMA
- Understand the Impact on a patient’s quality of life
- Understand the benefit of elective versus non elective amputation and the impact on the patient
Wednesday 30 October 2019
11:50 - 12:30
Foot & Wound