Panel: How do we adapt low carb diets to suit the individual?
So now we all agree a low carb diet is an acceptable and potentially effective answer to Type 2 diabetes how do we make the most of this potential? And are there any pitfalls to look out for?
Firstly engaging with patient goals and hopes is key, then explaining the diet using physiology in a way the clients can understand and remember and finally supplying feedback in forms they can appreciate.
- T2 diabetes is not always a chronic, deteriorating condition.
- Aspects of the diet are the most important determinants of outcomes
- Remission of T2D is a reasonable goal for most people
- Many people would much prefer to avoid lifelong medication
- HOPE is central to effectiveness
Chair: Dr David Unwin
Tuesday 29 October 2019
17:30 - 18:10
Prevention & Obesity in Practice