Managing diabetes in adults living with learning disability; A community perspective.
Living with learning disability everyday can be very complex especially in trying to meet all activity of living. Adding a diagnosis of diabetes to the condition makes it even more complex because the individual also needs to achieve good glycaemic control and avoid all complications associated with diabetes. This session will explore the process involved in managing diabetes in adult living with learning difficulties and managing the challenges health care professional come across in practice.
- To understand the assessment process involved in care planning.
- To understand the process of deciding a treatment care plan.
- To understand the importance of an integrated care system.
- To understand the challenges and social barriers of achieving good control.
- To understand how to sign-post the individual living with learning disability and the carers to access the relevant information.
- To understand education and training sessions (this includes the community type 2 diabetes screening sessions) involved.
Wednesday 14th November 2018
12:50 - 13:20
Diabetes Co-Morbidities: Mental Health & Wellbeing & Renal