Biosimilars – prescribing in practice
- What do prescribers need to consider when prescribing an insulin or a biosimilar insulin? Highlight the importance of brand name prescribing and pharmacovigilance
- How do we explain biosimilars to patients when initiating or switching to an insulin biosimilar?
- How can we use this opportunity to review medication and improve patient outcome? Consider education on the pen, injection technique, short-acting insulin dosing etc
- How do we explain the financial pressure/burden the NHS is facing and the benefit of cost saving to the patients?
- How do HCPs monitor patients who have switched to a biosimilar? E.g. is more frequent SMBG required? How soon should HbA1c be measured? Would advice be different if switching between human or analogue insulin?
This session is organised and remunerated by Mylan
Thursday 15th November 2018
12:40 - 13:10