Biosimilars – Prescribing in Practice
- What do prescribers need to consider when prescribing an insulin or a biosimilar insulin? Highlight the importance of brand name prescribing and pharmacovigilance
- How do we explain biosimilars to patients when initiating or switching to an insulin biosimilar?
- How can we use this opportunity to review medication and improve patient outcome? Consider education on the pen, injection technique, short-acting insulin dosing etc
- How do we explain the financial pressure/burden the NHS is facing and the benefit of cost saving to the patients?
- How do HCPs monitor patients who have switched to a biosimilar? E.g. is more frequent SMBG required? How soon should HbA1c be measured? Would advice be different if switching between human or analogue insulin?
Thursday 15th November 2018
12:35 - 13:05
Speaker Details TBC