Owen Mumford announces its active safety pen needle will join the leading Unifine® brand as Unifine® SafeControl®
Owen Mumford Ltd has announced that its next generation safety pen needle will join the leading Unfine brand as Unifine SafeControl, to complement its comprehensive offering of diabetes care products. The move to consolidate SafeControl under the Unifine diabetes care name will strengthen the organisation’s position as an innovator in this space.
Unifine SafeControl is a first of its kind safety pen needle, designed to provide a balance of safety and control during the injection process for healthcare professionals and protect them from needlestick injuries and give confidence that the full medication dose is delivered. The visible needle provides control during the injection process with no need to change injection technique. The intuitive manually activated safety guard covers the needle after injection to protect users from needlestick injuries, and a dual safety indicator confirms that the safety mechanism has been activated with the needle covered at both ends. Unifine SafeControl is also available in a 4mm needle length, helping to avoid muscle tissue during injection for sensitive patients.
Owen Mumford recently published the results of a study evaluating the entire injection experience for healthcare professionals and patients. The evidence-based findings for Unifine SafeControl included:
- Confidence in drug administration: 98 per cent of HCP respondents agreed they were in control of dose delivery and 96 per cent of HCP respondents agreed they were confident that they were able to deliver the full dose of medication with no leakage using Unifine SafeControl
- Safety factors: 96 per cent of respondents agreed that they were in control of Unifine SafeControl’s safety activation feature.
- Training: 94 per cent of respondents agreed they did not require a lot of training for Unifine SafeControl to use it correctly
“Our Unifine SafeControl safety pen needle is the result of extensive research and development to create a safe solution that meets the needs of modern healthcare professionals and users,” said Jesper Jonsson, Director of Medical Devices at Owen Mumford. “Part of our strategy includes identifying opportunities to bring together our product lines and strengthen our portfolios to offer the best solutions to our users. By bringing our safety pen needle into the range, the Unifine brand now provides a stronger portfolio of quality diabetes care products underpinned by a commitment to safety and comfort for all.”
Unifine SafeControl's design provides:
- Protection from needlestick injuries for HCPs
- Confidence that a full medication dose is delivered to the patient
- Control during the injection process with sterile needle visibility
- No change to conventional pen needle administration technique
- Compatibility with all major injection pen brands
Manufactured in the UK by B Corp certified Owen Mumford, in facilities using renewable energy and with a design that includes a recyclable cap, Unifine SafeControl combines safe, sustainable and practical design to improve the injection experience. For more information on the range, please visit www.unifinesafecontrol.com.
About Owen Mumford
Owen Mumford is a medical device manufacturer with a global presence across the UK, Europe, US and Asia, pioneering the advancement of medical technology for 70 years. The company manufactures and distributes medical products and is a trusted partner to many of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies. Its leading medication administration, blood-sampling and testing solutions are designed and manufactured for the comfort, safety and dignity of patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers. Driven by its purpose to do business in the right way, Owen Mumford is one of the first medical device companies in the world to achieve B Corp certification and has set science-based targets to achieve net zero by 2045, as part of its long-established and continually evolving sustainability agenda. For more information visit owenmumford.com.