Meet DPC’s Conference Steering Committee
We’re very grateful to our esteemed Conference Steering Committee, whose feedback and advice has been instrumental in updating our DPC2019 programme content and structure, and making some very important changes.
The committee comprises leading professionals from across the diabetes healthcare community, including:
- Dr Mike Sadler, our DPC2019 Conference Chair who is also Clinical Non-Executive Director, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, and works as an advisor and consultant on a range of health and social care services.
- Dr Partha Kar, who we’ve welcomed as our opening keynote speaker since 2016. Dr Kar is National Associate Clinical Director Diabetes at NHS England and a Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Dr David Unwin, the ‘low carb GP’ who shared his experiences of type 2 diabetes drug-free remission with visitors to DPC2018. Dr Unwin is Senior Partner at the Norwood Surgery in Southport, Liverpool, and a Royal College of General Practitioners expert clinical adviser on diabetes.
- Debbie Hicks, Nurse Consultant – Diabetes at Barnet, Enfield & Haringey MHT, who is also Co-Chair of TREND-UK and Chair of Injection Technique Matters (ITM). She has been a speaker at DPC since 2015, and the guiding force behind our hugely popular TREND-UK and ITM Theatre.
- Chris Aldred, aka Grumpy Pumper, who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 25 years ago and contributes vital PWD insights and information to help us ensure the ‘patient voice’ is prominent throughout the programme
“We are hugely grateful for the time and effort given by each of our committee members,” says Maggie Meer, Founder & CEO, DPC. “Each member brings with them unique insights and a wealth of experience to ensure that the DPC2019 conference programme continues to deliver expert and valuable education and information for our visitors.”
For the full list of Conference Steering Committee members, please visit our website.