DPC2018 workshops agenda available for viewing
The DPC2018 programme of practical workshops is now available for viewing online.
These informal sessions, presented by healthcare professionals (HCPs) and companies working at the sharp end of diabetes care, are always extremely popular with visitors. They not only give HCPs the opportunity to share their real-life experiences and discuss practical solutions, but also develop skills to help them in their day-to-day roles caring for people with diabetes.
“The DPC workshops provide an optimum learning environment for visitors who want to examine particular issues more closely,” says Toby Baker, Event Director, DPC. “Because they are smaller group sessions than our main conference sessions, they enable participants to discuss their concerns and challenges in diabetes care in an informal and accessible setting.”
This year’s workshops programme includes:
- Training of unregistered practitioners in care home (residential and nursing) settings. Sarah Gregory, In-Patient Diabetes Specialist Nurse, East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust
- Don’t be afraid to open a can of worms – addressing feelings in a consultation about diabetes. Dr Charles Fox, R&D Unit, Northampton General Hospital; and Dr Anne Kilvert, Diabetes Centre, Northampton General Hospital
- Diabetes management – considerations for patients with serious mental health/learning disability. Claire Thomas, Deputy Chief Pharmacist, Northumberland Tyne & Wear.
- The “perfect” appointment. Chris Aldred
- Biosimilars – prescribing in practice. Speaker details TBC
To view the DPC2018 workshops agenda, please visit our website at www.diabetesprofessionalcare.com/workshops.
To ensure you don’t miss out on any of these sessions, register here for your free place at DPC2018.