DPC2018 conference to include focus on diabetes prevention
Type 2 diabetes prevention will be a key focus of the DPC2018 conference, with a stream dedicated to Prevention & Obesity in Practice.
“There are currently 3.4 million people living with type 2 diabetes in England, with more than 5 million at high risk of developing the condition,” says Toby Baker, Event Director, DPC. “Yet there is strong evidence that behavioural interventions, which support people to maintain a healthy weight and be more active, can significantly reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
“Our Prevention & Obesity in Practice conference stream will provide a forum for leading practitioners and solutions providers to share their knowledge and expertise with healthcare professionals, and support them in raising awareness among those most at risk.”
Sessions will include:
- Type 2 diabetes remission – study review and what has happened since in practice. Prof Roy Taylor, Newcastle University
- Why ‘eating less and moving more’ may not lead to sustainable weight loss – the science unravelled. Dr Trudi Deakin, Chief Executive, X-PERT Health
Other topics will include:
- NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP) update
- Obesity and cancer
- Pre-Conception Care
- Childhood obesity and T2 Diabetes – Transition
- How to deliver patient self-management & behaviour change at scale – lessons for the NHS
You can register here for your free place at DPC2018, which will take place on 14 and 15 November at Olympia, London.