How long do I need to take off work to attend DPC2020?
We have designed the programme to run over 3 days in manageable chunks of time which are outlined below.
We are asking visitors to reserve the whole morning of each day of the event (08.30 – 14:00) to attend symposia, practical training, round table sessions, networking, and visiting our virtual exhibitors. In the evening we will run a series of symposia in parallel so you can choose which sessions you want to attend.
- Morning: 08:30 – 14:00
- this will include keynote, panel and conference sessions running across all streams
- Don’t miss out on DPC Virtual Community between 11:30 – 13:10 where you will have the opportunity to book onto Round Table Meetings, 1-2-1 meeting with your colleagues from around the UK, association meet ups, and meeting with exhibitors and suppliers
- Evening: 18:30 – 20:30
- This will include parallel symposia
How do I login?
You will login to DPC Virtual using the email address you used to register for the conference. An email with details on how to login will be sent approximately 1 week prior to the conference. If you register within 1 week of the conference your login link will be sent 24-48 hours after registering.
Please note attendee accounts are for one user only and will be locked if shared with multiple users.
Are they any special device or bandwidth requirement for me to attend?
We recommend accessing DPC2020 Virtual from a Laptop or Desktop computer.
You can also use a mobile device (tablet, phone) which are all supported by our virtual event platform.
You will need an Internet connection and web browser. We recommend hi-speed internet for the best viewing experience.
We strongly suggest that you join the conference using a supported internet browser, which includes the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Do I need to install or download anything in order to attend the event?
How do I use the platform (edit profile/attend sessions/network/etc)?
What are the various ways I can interact with other attendees at DPC Virtual?
There are a variety of ways you can interact with other attendees:
- Make connections
- Direct messaging
- Video conferencing
- Community Chat Rooms
- Exhibitor Booths
- Booking meetings with other attendees
- Q&A chats in live sessions
- and of course join our DPC Community Time everyday from 11:35am until 13:10pm
What is DPC Community time?
We really want to give you the same opportunities as you have at our face to face event to engage with other healthcare professionals, find out about new and exciting innovations and products for you and your patients, and attend interactive demonstrations and practical training.
We have specifically reserved 1hr 40 mins each day (11:30 – 13:30) for you to be able to book 1-2-1 meetings with your colleagues, association partners, exhibitors and sponsors.
You can also attend during this period:
- Product demo sessions
- Round Table Meetings (limited capacity – booking required)
- Meet the Experts sessions
Do I need to have my own Zoom/ GoToMeeting/etc account for video conferencing?
Nope! Everything will be done right within the platform – there is no need to have any additional account.
Note: You may need to ‘allow’ your browser to access your video and mic in order to successfully start the video call.
What community / group chat rooms are available? How do I find them?
How do I use smart AI networking feature?
What sessions qualify for CPD credits?
All live sessions and on-demand training videos have been approved by the CPD Certification Services. You must watch the whole session or training to receive your CPD point.
We regret that on-demand product demonstrations do not qualify for CPD points at this stage.
What's the difference between Live and OnDemand sessions?
DPC2020 is offering you two types of sessions: LIVE and OnDemand.
- These are just like a session at an in-person conference. They occur as show on our conference programme.
- LIVE Session Speakers will be available in the session (via chat) to interact with the audience and answer questions.
- These are Training Videos and Product Demonstrations which are available for you to watch anytime beginning November 11 (through December 11 *)
- If you have questions for OnDemand Speakers or Exhibitors, many are hosting live video Q&A sessions during the conference – check their session for details!
How do I ask questions / Interact with speakers?
For LIVE sessions on Monday or Tuesday: You can ask questions and interact with both the speaker and others attending the session by using the Live Discussion Panel on the right of your screen.
- To share thoughts and chat with other participants, use the Chat Tab.
- If you have a question specifically for the speaker, use the Questions Tab.
For On-Demand sessions:
- Some OnDemand speakers are hosting Live Q&A Video Sessions via Zoom during the conference. Check their session and look for a pink button under the session that says “Questions for the Speaker? Join a Live Video Q&A”
- You can also find the speaker in the Speaker List and then send them a Connection Request to begin chatting.
Are handouts / slides / toolkits provided for the sessions?
Some of our speakers are happy to share their content/presentations with the audience – the material we are permitted to distribute will be posted as downloadable resources in the “Documents” sections. If you don’t see a presentation/resource, it is unavailable for public use.
After the event, all materials will be available on our DPC Digital Hub
Will I be able to access sessions after the conference is over?
Yes, sessions will be available on-demand for 30 days after the conference.
Note: There are a few OnDemand sessions that will not be available for the full 30 days. It will note this at the beginning of the session description if that is the case.