Diabetes, frailty and end of life
This is a promotional symposium for UK Healthcare professionals. organised and funded by Novo Nordisk. Novo Nordisk products will be discussed.
Please note this session is not eligible for accreditation.
Relevant prescribing information and adverse event reporting can be found within the session and on the Novo Nordisk Exhibition stand.
Clare Fuller, Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist – Kent will lead a workshop covering the management of diabetes in ‘End of Life’ care and how to improve confidence and understanding of:
- National Frameworks underpinning End of Life care and Diabetes
- Diabetes in End of Life Care - planning ahead
- Care of patients with diabetes in the last days of life
The session will also discuss:
- The need to balance benefits of appropriate diabetes interventions with the patient’s prognosis/estimated time of life left.
- The need to involve the diabetes specialist nurse and dietitian especially if the individual has type 1 diabetes or type 2 treated with insulin.
- Scan the QR code to register your consent to receive communications from Novo Nordisk. Communications may include promotional materials.
UK21TSM00176, Date of prep: October 2021