Low carb diets in type 1 sport
Type 1 diabetes presents management challenges for those with type 1 diabetes who engage in physical activity. There are such a wide variety of sports with unique physical demands that clinicians need general principles for managing this condition. This talk provides an overview of type 1 metabolism and examines algorithms for high-carbohydrate and ketogenic lifestyles in a demanding sporting setting.
- Current facts about type 1 diabetes management
- Why physical activity is an important tool for glucose control
- Preparation for physical activity, planning and equipment
- Decision-making challenges presented by having type 1 diabetes
- Comparison of two dietary choices in sport.