We are excited to bring you a series of 3 CPD accredited webinars designed to help Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) running virtual consultations develop the skills that you need to best support your patients remotely. Please see the full details below for each of the training webinar.
This webinar series has been developed, organised and funded by Novo Nordisk. For healthcare professionals only.
Virtual Consultations– Top Tips
Thursday 30 July - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
This webinar will cover the top tips for successful virtual consultations and will touch upon:
- Perception: How you want to be perceived as an HCP and presenting the right image
- Patients: Preparing for how they might feel in a virtual consultation and how to instantly generate successful communication
- Probing: Questioning, probing and listening to get the information you need when you are not in the same room
- Preparation: Managing your mindset and practicing self-care in a virtual setting
More info about this session
This live webinar will cover the top tips for effective virtual consultations, to increase the success of your virtual interactions with patients. During this webinar, we will uncover the patient perceptions of healthcare providers, so you can better prepare yourselves for how the patients might feel during a virtual consultation. We will use this to give you insights into how to instantly generate successful communication in any virtual environment. Ultimately, these skills will help you to get the information needed for a successful consultation.
- To be able to present yourself as a professional, engaging, interested and knowledgeable HCP and for patients to perceive you how you want to be perceived
- To understand and be able to prepare for how patients might feel in a virtual consultation, and how to instantly create a welcoming, open, focused virtual consultation
- To understand how to question, prove and listen to gather the information needed when you are not in the same room
- To be able to manage your mindset and practice self-care in a virtual setting
Managing Stress, Maximising Resilience – Top Tips
Thursday 6 August - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
This webinar will help you develop the soft skills necessary to manage your stress and to maximise your resilience and will cover:
- Psychology of Stress: The stress / performance graph and the 4 responses to stress
- Strategies for Stress: 5 causes of stress, managing stress and your Circles of Concern and Control
- Building Personal Resilience: Filling your resilience reservoir, building resilient beliefs and identifying resilient behaviours
More info about this session
This live Webinar will help you manage stress and maximise your resilience levels in this new world we have found ourselves in, and beyond. We will touch upon the psychology of stress, covering the stress / performance graph and the 4 common responses to increased stress. We will also look at the 5 causes of stress and successful management strategies. You will leave the session with insights into how to identify your personal resilient behaviours and how to build resilient beliefs.
- To understand the psychology of stress and be able to spot stress in yourself and others
- To understand the causes of stress, your Circles of Concern and Control, and to manage your stress successfully
- To be able to identify resilient behaviours, fill your resilience reservoir and instil resilient beliefs
Thriving and Surviving Change– Top Tips
Thursday 13 August - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
This short webinar will cover the top tips on how to thrive and survive change.
- Perception vs Reality
- The Change Curve: What this looks like in the healthcare setting, minimising the performance dip and maximising the post-change performance high
- How to Manage Change: House of Change, your role and managing others through the change when they are behind (or ahead) of the curve
More info about this session
This live Webinar will give you top tips on how to thrive and survive change, during and after these trying times. We will touch upon the importance of perceptions vs reality, and look at the change curve in a healthcare setting. After all, it’s all about minimising the performance dip and maximising the post-change performance high! We will discuss the importance of how to manage change in respect to the change curve.
- To understand the importance of perception vs reality
- To understand the change curve and what it looks like in the healthcare setting, knowing how to minimise dips in performance and maximise increases in performance
- To know the house of change model, and understanding your role in each of the four ‘rooms’
Webinar Speaker: Jo Bonsey
Jo is an experienced training faciliator in both the face to face and virtual setting. She has been working for Excel Communications Ltd for the last 12 years specialising in leadership, management, resilience and communications skills, working across a wide range of industries as well as many different groups of health professionals within the NHS.
Prior to this Jo spent over 15 years’ experience working within the pharmaceutical Industry having starting her career in the medical field, specialising in customer service and medical information before moving into account management and training roles. Her experience includes supporting companies through change during mergers, take overs and divestments giving her a wide experience of the change process.
Jo enjoys creating interactive learning experiences which encourage participants to expand their comfort zone and communicate authentically and effectively.
Jo is a Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Trainer and Master Practitioner, an accredited Social Styles Facilitator and has a Bsc (Hons) in Applied Biology. Jo also had a BTEC Advanced Award in Change Management
Date of prep July 2020 - Job Code UK20DI00189